18 years of success, inside and outside the NHS
I have written about healthcare since 2000. After a range of staff roles inside and outside the NHS, I launched a freelance career in April 2012. Since then I have become a regular contributor to a range of leading specialist publications. I also write case studies, reports and white papers for a variety of organisations operating within the health and social care sectors.
I have a special interest in healthcare technology – I serve as contributing editor for DigitalHealth.net – and in mental health.
- Commissioned to write interview pieces for When Tragedy Strikes, an NHS Confederation report reflecting on the NHS response to the Manchester Arena bombing and Grenfell Tower fire. The publication and its findings were a major focus of the 2018 NHS Confederation Conference.
- Invited to co-author The Care Collapse and Care After Cure, two reports published by think tank ResPublica. The papers drew national attention from UK print and broadcast media.
- Writer of special report for HSJ on the value of specialist nurses. The supplement has been downloaded more than 3,000 times and referenced in cancer research published in the British Medical Journal.
- A deep and multifaceted understanding of the healthcare sector, born from having worked for healthcare providers, vendors and for those reporting on the NHS
- Proven ability to successfully design and project manage roundtables, webinars and videos as well as traditional written content
- Considerable experience in ghostwriting material for senior health and local government figures
- Particular expertise in crafting commercially-backed editorial which is compelling to readers while meeting the needs of sponsors. This includes a good understanding of the APBI code and Zinc processes.
HSJ, Nursing Times, DigitalHealth.net, MDET (the journal of the National Association of Medical Device Trainers and Educators), Nursing Standard, Commissioning journal, Guardian Labs (the branded content wing of the respected British newspaper)
Membership organisations and think tanks including:
NHS Confederation, NHS Clinical Commissioners, ResPublica
Private clients including:
Dorson West, UKCloud Health, Marie Curie, Strata Health, firstlight PR, KPMG, EY, McKinsey, Four Seasons Health Care, Highland Marketing, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Orion Health, Quealth